Basepoint Building Automations is an ESOP Company.
This means all non-signatory employees become employee-owners on their first day of employment with us.
ESOP stands for Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How it works:
Basepoint Building Automations has been proudly employee-owned since 2011.
- As a non-signatory employee, you automatically become an employee-owner. No action is required on your end.
Each year, every owner receives shares of Basepoint Building Automations stock.
- Shares are paid for with company profits. There is no cost to you whatsoever. Your shares are held in your “employee stock ownership program” or “ESOP” account.
Ownership benefits you financially
- Each year you receive additional shares. As Basepoint Building Automations grows and performs better, your shares can increase in value. You can see the value of your shares on your annual statement. You will get a new statement every year, usually in August.
Ownership closes the loop between the company’s success and your financial success.
- The better we perform, the more your shares are worth. Employee ownership is a team endeavor. Everyone at Basepoint Building Automations needs to understand their role as employee and as owner for us to be successful.
To reward long-term commitment among our owners, your shares are subject to vesting.
- “Vested” shares are yours and cannot be taken back, even if you leave Basepoint Building Automations. Over time more of your shares become vested until you are 100% vested after 5 years.