A crisis measure designed to enhance the security of your building dramatically and rapidly by initiating a communications protocol affecting peoples’ locations, movements, and activities. The objective of these systems is to provide a fast and effective response in the event of an emergency to protect occupants and secure the building.
Technology to secure a building during a crisis situation can include:
- Door control systems – for locking/unlocking doors remotely or automatically
- Access control systems – for denying/granting access to specific areas of the building
- Surveillance systems – for monitoring the interior and exterior of the building
- Communication systems – for broadcasting emergency alerts and allowing communication between occupants and security personnel
- Lighting control systems – for adjusting lighting during an emergency to improve visibility or indicate evacuation routes.